3CE x Lily Maymac Lipstick Review



I may not have a huge obsession with lipstick as Lily MayMac does but my collection is quite substantial.  I always find myself hoarding all my lipsticks and having a very difficult time tossing them out regardless to whether or not I even use them.  I even have this pure black lipstick from MAC that I felt the need to purchase because it was a limited collaboration with Rihanna.  Ended up using it for a last minute Halloween costume a couple years back.  It's been sitting on my lipstick rack since.  

Lip color is a huge deal in Korea aside from really good BB cream.  Every cosmetic brand I visited during my trip to Seoul all had an array of lip colors in unique packaging.  I'm a sucker for cute packaging so when I saw the simplistic and square shaped lipsticks at 3CE, I just had to have them all.  But I held back and bought only two.  I am full of regret that I didn't buy more.  




Lily MayMac has a collaboration lippy with 3CE right now and they're available in three shades.  I chose the more nude shade called "HOLD ON".  Can we please take a moment to awe over this beautiful pink gold metallic case?  




Because the store was ridiculously crowded--as one should probably expect--I didn't have time to ask the workers if I could try them on.  One big mistake that I saw other girls around me do was applying the display lipstick DIRECTLY ON THEIR LIPS.  That is a no no.  And bless their lips in the future.

So, I swatched all the shades on my arm.  I figure since I own so many lipsitcks that I should be an expert at this. 



The shade is beautiful and more near natural than say a Kylie Jenner shade.  I don't line my lips when I use this lipstick because it basically just blends into my skin.  As much as I love the color, the lipstick is matte and a little drying.  For the first 2 hours it was totally fine.  Come the 3rd hour and my lips were cracking.  I would recommend applying a clear coat of lip gloss over although it takes away from the matte.  OR wear a hella lot of lip chap underneath. 



 


Would I buy this lipstick again, probably not because there are constantly new colors and formulas coming out.  I have to say that this is one of my favorite shades of nude in my collection...I just wish it were a little more creamy so my lips wouldn't turn into a desert.  The quality as in the pigment and how long it stays on, it actually pretty good for the price.  I think it's worth a try considering that I tend to have dry lips than normal..it may just be me. :P  





Comments

Popular Posts