Bulgogi Tacos at Moku Kitchen!


Happy Lunar New Year!  It's awesome that here in Hawaii, we celebrate two New Year dates in a year.  Most popularly known as Chinese New Year but you see almost everyone of any ethnicity celebrating and feeding money to the dancing lions and making sure they get their reservations in at Chinese restaurants.  


Speaking of reservations, I was so glad that I made reservations at Moku Kitchen last night.  Once I stepped in the restaurant, it was packed with a long wait line.  It definitely saved me a good 40 mins wait by making that phone call.  


SALT Kaka'ako is such a great addition to the ever-so-expanding Ward area of Honolulu. It's a block of the city that was turned into a hip and modern area for breweries, restaurants, trendy clothing boutiques, and my favorite place to pick up cute little succulents. 


Moku Kitchen just recently opened up and I've heard nothing but great reviews so I knew I had to visit!  They are well-known for their wood oven pizzas and rotisserie chicken.  The interior was beautiful and sort of had a feeling of being in a pub.  There's also live music that plays during dinner time.  The only downfall is that it gets pretty loud inside.  



This dish was everything I would have hoped for!  If you love Korean food like I do, you will definitely love this Bulgogi Taco!  We devoured these in literally less than 5 minutes.  


We ordered the Proletariat pizza which was just like a fancy Supreme pizza.  The dough is said to be aged for 3-days and it was such a great bread that I was able to enjoy the crust all on its own :) (yes, I'm one of those who don't like the crust)



Words can't explain how funny it was that our waitress knew we  would want the most photogenic dessert for our pictures so she recommended this Strawberry Cream Pie.  This was one of the best cream pies i've had in a while.  It wasn't too sweet and the pie crust wasn't tough to break apart.  

Overall, I loved the food here.  I only wish that the portions were a little bigger for the price that you pay.  I'm totally loving this whole new development in Kaka'ako and would love to try the other restaurants there very soon!  


MOKU KITCHEN
Location: Salt At Our Kaka'ako (660 Ala Moana Blvd)
Price: About $35 per person. Better to go on a small stomach since the portions are smaller. 
Advice/Recommendation: The tacos are pricey but they're totally worth it.  Make sure to make reservations!



Comments

Popular Posts