Make-up Review: ETUDE HOUSE TINT MY BROWS GEL



Have you ever wanted to get a tattoo?  Like spontaeously walk in to a tattoo parlor and inject powerful and meaningful Latin phrases into inconspicuous areas of your body?

I'm not going to lie but I've always wanted to.  My fear?  Possibly my fear of needles and that fact that it is irreversible except that you can laser it off which I heard is more painful than getting a tattoo.  I'm sure there will be a day that I will find that one phrase or image that I feel is really a part of me but for the time being, I'm too damn indecisive about what I like and who I am.

So, that same fear of needles and pain is the reason why I can't get myself to tattoo my eyebrows.  Eyebrows are EXTREMELY important to me.  Have you ever photoshopped yourself without eyebrows?  It's like looking at a whole different person.  What are they feeling? 

Who know?  THEY HAVE NO FREAKING EYEBROWS TO DETERMINE THEIR MOOD!

I could go all bare faced but without my eyebrows, I'm vulnerable to the max.  

#1 Brown

A month ago, I was browsing online at some top makeup brands and found this ETUDE HOUSE Tint My Brows Gel to be the most trending thing out there (in Japan and Korea that is).  And what it does is that it's a thick gel that you brush on your eyebrows and is left for a couple of hours.  Once it dries, you can easily peel it off and VOILA! You've got temporary eyebrows tattooed to your face.  Here of photos of the my very first application:


Directions say to apply a liberal amount which is a very questionable amount so I just decided to lather up in it.  



As so.  And my eyebrows have never been more on fleek.




Because I was worried about the formula being too strong, I left it on for 1.5 hours instead of the recommeded 2.   Peeling it off was easy with a pair of tweezers handy.  I've watched YouTube videos and some girls seemed to have a painful time peeling it off which I can't understand why.  







Post-peel.  I've got full eyebrows in a nice auburn shade.  Doesn't rub off with my fingers at all.  





Here are how my brows wore off in a span of three days. Top left is my pathetic tadpole eyebrows and the right would be after application.  The bottom two are the next two days.  I have to say the bad thing is that this didn't last very long and I had to still draw them in a little the next day for work.  Nonetheless, I could have totally gone out with them.  Basically, the bottom left photo is how the brows look after one wash.


Bottom line, I would definitely recommend this to someone who loves to go to the beach and doesn't want to lose their brows during the day.  It definitely holds all days without it rubbing off.  In the long run, the color fades especially if you wash your face two times a day like myself.  I still love applying this and I do love it overnight now so I can peel it off the next morning to save time doing my brows.  

There are other colors that I'm dying to try out after I finish this tube.  :)  I love that there are many colors for all types of brows.




















Comments

Popular Posts