Day Time Photoshoot in Kaka'ako



Bonjour, mes lecteurs belles!
It has only been a brief time since my last post which I am most proud of.  The days are still oh-so-very humid & hot but it doesn't stop me from my weekly sessions at hot yoga.  I finally got back into yoga and promised to commit to it this time.  Not only did it help me lose a couple pounds in the past month, it also helps me release all the stress from the week in a healthy and spiritual manner.  Not to mention that I want to fulfill my lifelong dream of being able to do the splits.  Wish me luck, guys!


Photo by Julio Uyesugi

I had the privilege of another photoshoot this year with my two bros, Julio & Eric.  It's always fun to shoot with these two because I feel like we have a lot in common.  Julio and I are crazy cat humans and would do anything to save all the homeless kittles right meow.  Eric and I share similar interests in Anime and video gaming (although the degree of obsessions differ). Let's just say that we both have Filipino blood in us.




Photo by Julio Uyesugi

We decided our shoot to be in Kaka'ako in an area called "Pow Wow Hawaii" where you can find street art everywhere.  It really makes for some great backgrounds.  It was unintentional how my outfit seemed to go well with these walls.  I tried to wear more colors other than black and white for this shoot.


Photo by Julio Uyesugi

But then again, I can never seem to stray away from my dual-chrome of black and white everythang.  You'd be surprised that this whole outfit--minus the pencil shirt--is from Forever 21.  


Photo by Julio Uyesugi

These days, I find it difficult to pick out anything from there but whenever I do find something, I never question the quality nor price of them.  

Photo by Eric Baranda

And conveniently . . . a black and white wall!

Photo by Julio Uyesugi

I've always found smoke to be very mesmerizing how it clouds up and trails out in little cotton trickles.  Don't worry! There was absolutely no nicotine involved in this.  I've never even smoked a cigarette in my life.  I wonder if that's surprising to everyone who knew me during my rocker/visual-kei days . . .



Photo by Julio Uyesugi

This isn't me but I just had to share this amazing capture that Julio got of his car.


Photo by Julio Uyesugi featuring my new car, Luna

Speaking of cars, I traded in my old Lexus IS for this beau!  You can barely see the car in this but it's a Mazda Sport GT and I love it.  I named her Luna after my cat that passed away just 3 years ago.  I believe that this is the reincarnation of her.  No judging.  And I apologize for the terrible photoshop cover of my license plate.



Photo by Eric Baranda

A near sunset shot by Eric.  I might as well have titled this post as Monica & the cars in her life.  


 

Photo by Eric Baranda

The shoot was never ending as we decided to get dinner at Kaka'ako Kitchen.  The chicken was really yummy.  I can't wait for our future shoots whenever that may be.  A big "thank you" to my bros for coming out to do this shoot for me so I can have something to post on my blog. 8)


Photo by Eric Baranda

Bonus derp shot. :B




l Contact info l



Monsieur Julio Uyesugi: Facebook

et


Monsieur Eric Baranda: Facebook





Popular Posts