This is First Class.

I mentioned back in March that I had the pleasure of experiencing probably what a lot of people aren't able to: riding First Class on an airplane.

I don't mean to say that in a condescending manner since I did not actually purchase the tickets (bumped up to first class). However, I do feel that a little trail of luck has been guiding me ever since the earthquake. I always wonder if there's a sort of other end to these kind of things. Like, has all the luck I've been receiving recently, a foreshadow to the bad to come? Am I the only one that thinks this? I probably jinx it but I strongly believe in that Golden-rule-yin-and-yang theory.

ANYWAYS, here are some pictures I took on that plane ride back to Tokyo.


All you can drink alcohol with no ID checks. Well, it's not like I'm underage but it is less troublesome to not take out your ID. They provided us with a cute Hawaiian quilt instead of those fleece blankets that look they've never been washed.

And in exchange for a crummy 24inch TV that the whole cabin has to share, your own portable entertainment screen! You can pick your own songs (and watch the music video), play games or watch any movie you want. And since it's your own screen, you can pause and fastforward etc as much as you like.


If you were wondering; yes, the flight attendants are much more nice in the first class cabin. They always come by to check on you, provide you with hotel-looking slippers, bring you drink after drink (we totally got drunk because of this) and most importantly, they smiled. Because apparently, for most airlines, flight attendants seem to hate their job.


Moving on to the food:



Yes, this was still on the airplane.

I never thought serving these kind of meals on a plane were possible! The meal was basically a 5-course meal with all you can eat bread and dessert.

Appetizer: Cucumber slices with smoked salmon and caviar to top it off. Bon. Très bon.

Soup de jour: Pumpkin potage

Salad: Asaparagus & baby leaves salad topped with fried lotus root, glazed walnuts, and thick slices of ham. Taro bread on the side.

Main course: Some sort of white meat fish (I forgot the name of it) with sesame sauce. Takikomi gohan (Japanese mixed rice) and sweet corn on the side.

Dessert: Tiramisu! :O There were other desserts as well but I was too full to take them.


The quality of the meal was definitely ★★★★ a winner. We had a white table cloth laid out for us, too! The presentation was beautiful as you can see in the pictures.


I have to say that this was the most awesome experience ever and I will forever be spoiled the next time I ride an airplane. I'm seriously dreading riding on economy again. :< oh woe is me.


Hope everyone is having a good week.


xoxo Monica-Ai



Thanks, my new fwendz. :3



Sick by Trend

jehlei

Misuzu

lissy

sharon balbuen

Popular Posts